Southern Comfort Services

Providing quality services to the community in which we live.

header photo

Mold and Mildew

Many home buyers and sellers today face the scare of "Mold". Many think that anything black is dangerous and harmful to their family’s health.

Yes, there are dangerous types of mold that can grow in your home. The only real way to tell if it is in fact dangerous is to have it professionally tested by a certified inspector.

Not ALL mildews and molds are the "harmful" kind.

Candles

Candles can cause soot in the home. Many people may mistake soot for MOLD around heat registers in closet walls etc. If you are going to burn candles, the experts recommend keeping it limited. DO NOT USE CANDLES IN JARS! Those are the kind that mainly cause the soot. You can test this by taking a tissue to the inside edge of the jar after being burned. You will find soot!

Not only does it appear to be mold, but it obviously makes for POOR air quality.

It also can make drapes, walls, and ceilings dirty.